Amazon Earnings Report Glitch, Decreasing Earnings

Yesterday, I logged into my Amazon Associates account the same time I would everyday. What I found shocked me. Everytime I refreshed the page, my earnings would decrease. My initial thought was, "Am I just banned from the program?" So I checked my e-mail account. But I didn't find any e-mail from Amazon Associates, so I thought the decrease was a refund. I waited a few hours before I the report said I only made about $200 for this month.

I got scared, of course. So I turned to Twitter to check if other affiliates were also experiencing the same thing. At least four people said they also got the same report. One even pointed me to a forum discussion, and from that, I found that a similar thing happened last year.

I did manage to get in touch with Support and the person who I chatted with said they know of this matter and they're doing something about it. (Check screenshot below.) Still, half of me was relieved. Although we already knew that it was a glitch, I couldn't stop worrying. To me, I have to see an accurate result.



When I woke up this morning, I checked my report and it still hasn't changed. But a few minutes ago, my earnings started to "correct" themselves. It's already fixed, and I'm happy.